Building remarketing lists can be done via Google AdWords and Analytics. Both interfaces are slightly different and you can learn about these differences and how to use them to achieve your marketing objectives.
- [Presenter] At this point, it is useful…to know the difference between…setting up remarketing in Google AdWords,…and setting it up in Google Analytics.…Let's look at two examples.…Using Google AdWords alone for your remarketing…has limited features, which really means…that you're a basic user.…Now let's imagine…you're an online magazine…with the sole aim of raising brand awareness,…and you have a broad focus to retarget…just about anyone who visited your website.…Then setting up a campaign in AdWords…will meet your goals quite easily,…because you're less concerned…with conversion rate optimization.…
When we use Google Analytics to set up a campaign,…we can use a range of tools to choose the visitors…that we want to market to more carefully…which really means that you're a power user.…So let's imagine that you're an e-commerce business…who don't want to remarket to visitors who…are already on your email list.…We only want to remarket to visitors who…already visited your shopping cart…without actually spending something.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building remarketing lists
- Types of remarketing offered by Google
- Linking AdWords with Analytics
- Setting up Analytics campaigns
- Switching between AdWords and Analytics
- Dynamic remarketing for ecommerce
- Creating audiences
- Setting up a dynamic remarketing feed for display advertising
- Deciding on a budget
- Monitoring ROI