Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Brainstorming keyword ideas, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As you'll hear me say time and time again,…choosing an organizing your keywords is one…of the most important things that you'll do…when setting up a paid search account,…so what we need to do now is brainstorm a seed list…of keywords and then look…at how to evaluate their search volume,…relevance, and competition.…Now, in a bit, we're going to use the Google Keyword Planner…to help get that data, but before we look at that tool,…we need to start brainstorming our own keywords.…We're going to use the initial list that we come up with…to fill out our ad groups, and we can…always add more keywords as we scale our campaigns.…
So to get an initial list of keywords,…we'll start by thinking about our target audience.…Let's put ourselves in their shoes,…and visualize them sitting in front of their computer.…What are they thinking?…What are they looking for, and how would they search for it?…Now, I'm going to show you a great way…on how you can get started getting some of these ideas.…What you'll do is head over to google.com,…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.