In this video, Brad Batesole covers how to choose and organize your keywords for your paid search account. He brainstorms a set of keywords and shows you how to evaluate their search volume, relevance, and competition.
- [Instructor] As you'll hear me say time and time again,…choosing and organizing your keywords…is one of the most important things that you'll do…when setting up a paid search account.…What we need to do now is brainstorm a seed list of keywords…and then look at how to evaluate their search volume,…relevance, and competition.…We're going to be using the Google Keyword Planner…to get that data,…but before we look at that tool…we need to brainstorm on our own.…We're going to use this initial list…to being building our our ads and ad groups.…
And we can always add more keywords…as we scale our campaigns.…To get an initial list of keywords…we want to start by thinking about our target audience.…Let's put ourselves in their shoes…and visualize them sitting in front of their computer.…What are they thinking?…What are they looking for?…And how would they search for it?…Now there is a great way that you can start to get…some additional ideas.…What you do is head over to google.com…and on the Google homepage we can start typing…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.