Join Adriaan Brits for an in-depth discussion in this video Bing Ads, part of Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Research.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, I'd like to show you…how useful the Bing Ads Keyword Planner can be…when you're planning your online advertising.…This can help you plan pay-per-click…and content marketing campaigns.…So when you look into the Bing Ads interface,…head over to the Tools tab.…If you click on that and scroll down…to where it says Keyword Planner,…just select that for us.…Now, under Find new keywords,…look at the first option, which says…Search for new keywords…using a phrase, website, or category.…
And here, you can enter your keyword…or even your category name.…So let's imagine…you're a travel agent that's selling flights…or perhaps even an online flights aggregator.…You can enter your landing page here, to guide Bing further,…or you can leave that blank.…You can also enter your category…if you want to exclude things that might be unrelated,…or you can also leave that blank.…Under Targeting, you should set your country…or your area that you would wish to work with,…and you should do the same for languages.…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Understanding the limitations of what you can research online
- Using Google AdWords, Facebook, and Amazon to measure demand
- Using LinkedIn and Google to measure competition
- Seeing marketing research in action
- Using free or premium tools to carry out online research
- Using Alexa, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb for in-depth research
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.