The psychology of bid adjustments for various devices is interesting—some PPC managers bid lower for tablets and others higher, depending on their conversion results and understanding of consumer behavior. Learn more about it here.
- [Narrator] Many campaign managers used to run…separate campaigns for mobile and desktop…in order to gain better control.…Now that Google AdWords updated its functionality,…you can manage multiple bid adjustments…for different devices all within one campaign.…To demonstrate this I'm going to select…just one of my campaigns here from the list.…I'll pick a search campaign…and make sure that we're at an ad group level…before we get started.…Once we're at an ad group level,…if you look in the column, in the second column,…you can click on devices.…
Here it opens up three device categories.…Now you should note that the psychology of bid adjustments…is rooted in the different philosophies…held by PPC managers.…It depends on your approach and your business.…Let's imagine that you run a magazine…and you promote articles for content discovery.…Then you'll be afflicted by high bounce rates…on mobile devices.…What you'll do in that case is, on computers,…you will leave the bid adjustment to be unchanged.…
But, on mobile phones, you would change that.…
- Research and planning in AdWords
- Working with the Display Planner
- Using the AdWords Editor and manager accounts
- Reporting tips with AdWords
- Using rules and automation in AdWords
- Dynamic search and display automation
- Overview of video advertising and Google Display Network
- YouTube advertising via AdWords
- Advanced PPC tips and tricks
Skill Level Advanced
AdWords and Analytics: Remarketing (2016)with Adriaan Brits57m 19s Intermediate
AdWords and Analytics: Remarketingwith Adriaan Brits1h 26m Intermediate
1. Research and Planning in AdWords
Advanced display targeting6m 48s
2. Managing and Reporting
3. Mobile Marketing with AdWords
4. Using Automation in AdWords
5. Video Advertising in AdWords
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.