The feed-based real-time adjustments that can be made to campaigns are phenomenal. In this lesson, see how to let a weather API have a direct impact on your ad copy and campaign.
- [Instructor] Another great example…of the more advanced features availabe…through AdWords Scripts is the ability…to let weather conditions impact your campaigns.…There are many scenarios of how…this could be useful for a business.…One such example is a luxury car dealer…targeting impulsive spenders.…They may wish to show ads for convertible cars…on a sunny day, or ads for other sports cars…on rainy days so that they can really connect…with potential buyers in a way…that is relevant and emotional.…
Another such example is a cinema…which usually appeals to more visitors…where there is rain or poor weather.…So how is this done?…AdWords Scripts can programmatically fetch…weather information via feed…and then perform bid adjustments.…The script makes use of Google Sheets…to store the list of campaigns that are associated…with different geo locations.…An API call then made to open weather map.…
It will then add the weather conditions…for each location.…Basic rules are then applied for each location.…In cases where the rule is true, a bit multiplier…
- Research and planning in AdWords
- Working with the Display Planner
- Using the AdWords Editor and manager accounts
- Reporting tips with AdWords
- Using rules and automation in AdWords
- Dynamic search and display automation
- Overview of video advertising and Google Display Network
- YouTube advertising via AdWords
- Advanced PPC tips and tricks
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research and Planning in AdWords
Advanced display targeting6m 48s
2. Managing and Reporting
3. Mobile Marketing with AdWords
4. Using Automation in AdWords
5. Video Advertising in AdWords
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.