Explore a range of critical issues, including ad fraud through bots, malware, fake data, and fake clicks, as opposed to the much touted issue of fake news.
- [Instructor] Today, there is certainly…a lot of attention on what is called "fake news"…and brand safety,…but, there is a far bigger problem that…deserves our attention, especially…in the mobile first environment,…and this accidental clicks.…It is a massive problem that requires vigilance…on behalf of campaign managers.…Then, there is ad fraud, which should also be considered.…
The types of ad fraud that may occur varies.…There are fake social accounts,…which mimic certain valuable user profiles,…where advertisers are actually charged…to show an impression to someone that never existed.…The same goes for fake email accounts…where paid email advertising is concerned.…There are also microcomputers, or bots,…which are not directly controlled by a human…who is actively browsing the internet.…
These bots can click on an ad,…for which the advertiser is going to be billed.…But, it was never actually seen by a human…who intended to visit the advertisers website.…Another issue is fake data,…which tricks you in to bidding more because…
Here marketing expert Adriaan Brits shows members the fundamentals of programmatic advertising. Learn how to examine audience insights and pick a real-time advertising platform that can help you understand when and where to place ads. Discover how to target advertising for video, mobile, and apps, and work with LinkedIn, Facebook, and the Google Display Network. Plus, find out how to create campaigns, use advanced targeting to reach B2B decision makers, and act on valuable audience insights.
- How programmatic advertising is used
- Real-time advertising strategies
- Programmatic advertising on mobile
- Choosing the right media type
- Choosing auction or direct buying
- Choosing a targeting method
- B2B marketing and programmatic ads
- Using analytics and artificial intelligence
- Auditing programmatic campaigns