Learn how audience targeting is used as a possible method in combination with other programmatic targeting methods.
- [Instructor] Audience-based targeting relies on data…that search engines and social sites have about their users.…They tend to build segments based on user behavior.…So Bing and Google records a certain number of searches…for specific keywords and phrases.…It will share this data to indicate the size of the audience…that represents a numerical value for product demand,…such as a million searches per month.…Then Facebook, for example, will attempt to find people…that exhibit that similar behavior to your ideal customer,…and this is called a lookalike audience.…
With remarketing, we're building lists of certain audiences…based on their purchase or intent behavior.…And search engines actually join us in this effort…by creating audiences based on their search behavior.…All of these audiences we can then target…with an ad across a variety of websites…belonging to search and display.…So effectively, we're following these users…around the web with ads.…
Usually, audience-based targeting can be enhanced…through the addition of other targeting requirements,…
Here marketing expert Adriaan Brits shows members the fundamentals of programmatic advertising. Learn how to examine audience insights and pick a real-time advertising platform that can help you understand when and where to place ads. Discover how to target advertising for video, mobile, and apps, and work with LinkedIn, Facebook, and the Google Display Network. Plus, find out how to create campaigns, use advanced targeting to reach B2B decision makers, and act on valuable audience insights.
- How programmatic advertising is used
- Real-time advertising strategies
- Programmatic advertising on mobile
- Choosing the right media type
- Choosing auction or direct buying
- Choosing a targeting method
- B2B marketing and programmatic ads
- Using analytics and artificial intelligence
- Auditing programmatic campaigns