Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced campaign settings, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we finished setting up…our location extensions,…we can scroll down to the advanced settings.…Now, these are all optional settings, so at this point,…you can go ahead choose save and continue,…and your campaign will move you into the next step…of creating your ad group.…But let's take a look at some of these…advanced settings together so you know what they do.…First, you have the opportunity for schedule.…I'll choose the plus icon next to that link,…and we can choose a start date, an end date,…and even create a custom schedule…that allows us to choose days.…
In this case, I could choose from the dropdown…Monday to Friday, or Monday.…Then set the exact times.…This is very useful for location based ads…or phone call ads,…where you want someone to only call you or visit you…when your place is actually open.…I'll minimize that.…Let's take a look at ad delivery.…Google gives you some options…as to how you want to rotate your ads.…They're going to default you to optimize for clicks.…That means they're going to show ads…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.