Join Adriaan Brits for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional tools, part of Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Research.
- [Instructor] So far we've focused on using free tools…that you could use to research…the competition in the market.…Now I'm going to show you what professional…marketers would use.…There is a lot out there in terms of premium tools…that would make our job a lot easier.…Let's start by looking at three of these…that are very popular in the market right now.…The first one we're going to use is called semrush.com.…So we head over to semrush.com and let's just imagine…that we would like to research something to do…with the travel industry in the United States.…
So we will use the website trivago.com as our example.…Go ahead and hit the Enter button…and let's see what SEMrush can tell us about Trivago…and its competitors.…If we look at trivago.com, SEMrush estimates that…the organic search traffic is about…1.4 million visitors per month.…It estimates that they are buying Google traffic…or other paid search traffic that equates to about…158,000 visitors per month.…
It also tells us that it estimates that there's…roughly 290,000 backlinks coming into trivago.com.…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Understanding the limitations of what you can research online
- Using Google AdWords, Facebook, and Amazon to measure demand
- Using LinkedIn and Google to measure competition
- Seeing marketing research in action
- Using free or premium tools to carry out online research
- Using Alexa, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb for in-depth research
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.