When you attend a GoToMeeting, you can use the chat feature to ask questions or enter comments without verbally disrupting the meeting. In the Chat box, you can message everyone in the meeting or just the organizer or a specific person. Any welcome messages from the organizer will display in the Chat box. Chat box permissions are set by the meeting organizer.
- View Offline
- (Narrator) You're in a meeting.…You have a question for the presenter…or you want to make a comment…about the presentation to another attendee.…Let me show you how to do those things…with the GoToMeeting Chat function.…I'm currently joined to a GoToMeeting.…And here in my Attendee Control Panel,…I have the Chat box open.…This is where I'll be able to communicate…with other attendees…and also see other chat that's going on.…So in order for me to send a message,…I'll click in the message box…and enter my question there.…
And then I have a choice.…I can send it to everyone,…I can be specific…and send it the Organizer…or the Presenter only,…and I can even send it privately to another attendee.…I'm going to leave it on Everyone…and click Send.…Alright, so I can see in the chat here,…that Harold has messaged me.…And I can see that it's a little bit of a different color…because he's actually messaged me privately.…So I can choose to reply to him in private…or again send another message to Everyone.…
And just so you know that…
- Scheduling meetings
- Inviting others
- Setting meeting passwords
- Starting meetings
- Using the web interface vs. the GoToMeeting desktop app
- Setting up GoToMeeting preferences
- Recording meetings
- Managing screen sharing
- Sharing webcams
- Attending a meeting
- Using chat
Skill Level Beginner
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.