The chat function in GoToMeeting helps to create interaction and keep your attendees actively engaged in a meeting. Attendees can use the chat to ask questions or enter comments without verbally disrupting the meeting. A chat message can be shared with everyone in the meeting or with just the organizer or a specific person. GoToMeeting stores a chat log on the organizer’s computer unless this function is disabled.
- [Narrator] Sometimes in a meeting, it's good…to use Chat to create interaction…and keep your attendees actively engaged.…In this video, let me show you how to manage Chat…from the Organizer Control Panel.…I've started a meeting and, as you can see,…I have the Organizer Control Panel displaying…on my desktop, and I've expanded the Chat box,…and the first thing I'd like to call out is that…you can give your attendees a welcome message…so that it appears in the Chat box when they join.…
So over here, under these three dots, click on that,…and then I have the opportunity to include any kind…of a greeting or instruction, so…as long as this box is checked here when attendees arrive,…show them this chat message.…It'll then show up in the Job box.…I'll click okay and obviously I've already done that…for this meeting so you can see what it looks like…in the Chat for everyone.…We can see in the Chat that some of my attendees are…already Chatting to each other,…and if I'd like to join in on the Chat,…I'll click into the box here,…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.