The functions to start, pause, and stop a recording are located in the GoToMeeting organizer control panel. Recording a meeting is useful to capture software demos, mini trainings and any meetings that you want to share with others. GoToMeeting records desktop screensharing of anyone presenting in the meeting, including GoToMeeting’s integrated audio.
- [Instructor] When you record a meeting,…GoToMeeting uses its own recording software.…If you want to share a meeting recording,…it must first be converted to an MP4, a WMV,…or MOV file format so others can view it.…In this video, I'll show you the steps…to find and convert a GoToMeeting recording.…I'll go down to the system tray,…and right click on the orange flower.…And then I'll select Convert Recordings.…Any recordings that have not yet been converted…will be listed here in the top section.…
So to convert it, I'll check the box…and then select the file format.…WMV is for users who are PC only,…and if you convert the file to an MP4,…most PC and MAC users can view that file.…So once I select the format, I'll select MP4,…I'll click Convert Recording.…Now, the length it takes to do the conversion…depends on the format and the recording length.…
Now if I click this arrow under Converted Recordings,…I'll see it down here in this section.…If I'm looking for other recordings,…I can always click on the Open Recordings Folder,…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.