When you use the GoToMeeting PC desktop application, you can start an instant meeting, or Meet Now, directly from the system tray. Instant meetings are useful for client demos, collaborating with colleagues, or getting support from your IT department. In this online video, learn how to start a Meet Now from the desktop app.
- [Teacher] One of the features…I use the most in GoToMeeting…is the Meet Now function or starting an instant meeting.…Often I'll get an email from someone…who wants to know if I'm available to meet.…In that case, it takes me two seconds…to start a Meet Now.…Let's take a look at how that works,…and I'll invite my colleague Jennifer…who has asked me if I can meet.…I'll go down to my system tray icon,…and right click on the orange flower.…And then select Meet Now.…This'll start an instant meeting.…And as you can see, the organizer control panel…is now downloaded onto my desktop.…
So now I need to make sure…that Jennifer has the meeting information…so she can join it.…And the most important thing is…giving her the meeting ID…which is down here at the bottom of the control panel.…So there are a couple of ways…I can invite Jennifer to this meeting.…First of all, under the attendees box,…I'll click the Invite button.…And then I have a choice.…I can copy the meeting link,…and paste that into any kind of messaging system.…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.