Meetings on the fly are useful for client demos, collaborating with colleagues, or getting support from your IT department. When you use GoToMeeting from the web, you can start an instant meeting, or Meet Now, directly from the My Meetings page. In this online video, learn how to start a Meet Now from your GoToMeeting account.
- [Teacher] One of my favorite…things to use in GoToMeeting is the Meet Now feature.…This is where you can start an instant meeting.…Now, let's say I'm on the phone…with my colleague Harold,…and we decide we're going to collaborate…on a document.…In this video, I'll show you how…I'm going to start an instant meeting…from my GoToMeeting web account…and invite Harold to join me.…So the first thing I'll do is log in…to my GoToMeeting account,…and I'll click the Meet Now button.…So this'll start the instant meeting,…and in a brief moment, you'll see…the organizer control panel on my desktop.…
Now in order to invite Harold,…I need to give him the meeting ID…so he can join my meeting.…And there are a couple of ways to do that.…First of all, here in the attendee list,…I can click the Invite button,…and that'll pull up some options.…I can click Copy Link and paste that…into any instant messaging system…or I can click Email and email…Harold the information.…Now another option that I can do…is direct Harold to open up a browser…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.