When you use the GoToMeeting PC desktop application, a password can be set for any meeting that requires privacy. For security reasons, you will need to communicate a password to your attendees outside of the GoToMeeting application before the meeting starts. In this online video, learn how to password-protect your meeting and what you need to do so that your attendees can join successfully.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] If you ever find yourself needing…your meeting to be private…GoToMeeting lets you require a password…so that only people who have that password…can join your meeting.…In this video we'll set a password for a new meeting,…and one that's already scheduled.…And then start the meeting to see what happens…when it's password protected.…So let's take a look at adding a password…to a new meeting we're scheduling.…Down here at the bottom…I'll check the box require meeting password…and then enter a password.…
Now for security reasons,…GoToMeeting does not create passwords…and it doesn't store it.…So even though I've entered a password here,…GoToMeeting is not going to remember it.…The purpose here is to include it in the meeting details,…so when I click schedule that password will be included…and my attendees will know what that is.…Now let's take a look at adding a password…to a meeting we've already scheduled.…I'll go down to my system tray…and right-click on the orange flower,…and then select my meetings.…
I'll add a password to this one here.…
- Scheduling meetings
- Inviting others
- Setting meeting passwords
- Starting meetings
- Using the web interface vs. the GoToMeeting desktop app
- Setting up GoToMeeting preferences
- Recording meetings
- Managing screen sharing
- Sharing webcams
- Attending a meeting
- Using chat
Skill Level Beginner
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.