When you use the GoToMeeting PC desktop application, a password can be set for any meeting that requires privacy. For security reasons, you will need to communicate a password to your attendees outside of the GoToMeeting application before the meeting starts. In this online video, learn how to password-protect your meeting and what you need to do so that your attendees can join successfully.
- [Narrator] If you ever find yourself needing…your meeting to be private…GoToMeeting lets you require a password…so that only people who have that password…can join your meeting.…In this video we'll set a password for a new meeting,…and one that's already scheduled.…And then start the meeting to see what happens…when it's password protected.…So let's take a look at adding a password…to a new meeting we're scheduling.…Down here at the bottom…I'll check the box require meeting password…and then enter a password.…
Now for security reasons,…GoToMeeting does not create passwords…and it doesn't store it.…So even though I've entered a password here,…GoToMeeting is not going to remember it.…The purpose here is to include it in the meeting details,…so when I click schedule that password will be included…and my attendees will know what that is.…Now let's take a look at adding a password…to a meeting we've already scheduled.…I'll go down to my system tray…and right-click on the orange flower,…and then select my meetings.…
I'll add a password to this one here.…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.