When private access is required, you can set a password for a meeting when you use GoToMeeting from the web. For security reasons, you will need to communicate a password to your attendees outside of the GoToMeeting application before the meeting starts. In this online video, learn how to password-protect your meeting and what you need to do so that your attendees can join successfully.
- [Female Instructor] Sometimes a meeting needs…to be private, and you want only a specific…group of people to be able to join.…Well, requiring a password for a GoToMeeting…let's you maintain this kind of strict privacy.…Let me show you how to set a password…as you schedule a meeting…and also if you need to set a password…for a meeting you've already scheduled.…And then we'll look at what happens…when you start that meeting…that is password-protected.…I'm logged-in to my GoToMeeting account…and I'm in the process of scheduling…a new meeting.…
So to set a password for this one…I'll click the Password tab…and then check the box…for Require a meeting password.…Now, for security reasons, GoToMeeting…does not create passwords…it doesn't store it…it doesn't communicate it out for you.…What I'm going to do is click Save.…And then here, in the Invite people box…I have an opportunity to set my meeting password.…Now, this is strictly for communication purposes…so that when I send this communication…to my attendees, they'll have…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.