If you plan to record your meetings, you can set your default recording options under GoToMeeting Preferences on the desktop application. These options enable you to select your default audio for the meeting, if you want to be reminded to convert your recordings after each meeting, and the default file location to store your recordings.
- [Narrator] If you plan to record your meetings, it's a good idea to check out the recording options, under GoToMeeting preferences to set your defaults for recording your meetings. In this video, we'll look at choosing your default audio, when to convert recordings, and the final location for saving them. I'll go down to my system tray icon and right-click on the orange flower, and select preferences, and then I'll go up to recording. So under the first section, audio, this is looking for how you plan to join audio in GoToMeeting.
Know that in order to record sound, you do need to be using the GoToMeeting integrated audio. Now if you decide to use your own conferencing service, and you absolutely have to record the sound in that meeting, you can record sound but you'll need a separate input device, and you'll need something that's called a phone patch. Now you can go to the GoToMeeting support site in order to get more information on how to do that, but typically in order to record your meeting you'll want to keep this set at use GoToMeeting integrated audio.
Next you can choose if you want to be reminded for GoToMeeting to convert your recordings after you end your meeting. What GoToMeeting does, is it uses its own recording software to record the meeting, but in order for it to be viewable by others it needs to be converted into a different file format. So this is up to you. If you want to be reminded every time you end your meeting or if you don't and want to do it later, you can choose don't remind me to convert recordings.
Finally, you can choose where GoToMeeting is going to store the recordings. Now, by default, it's going to choose your documents folder. If you want those to go somewhere else, just click on browse and then navigate to the folder where you want those stored. Just know that anytime you record a meeting, it's always going to store a local copy onto your computer. As I mentioned, you can choose to convert your recordings at a later time than when you ended the meeting. If you want to do that, here's the button.
That's all you need to record your meetings. Now here's a tip, if you ever finish a meeting and can't remember where the recording is located, just refer to the file path here, under recordings in your GoToMeeting preferences.
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.