Part of the process in scheduling a meeting from the GoToMeeting PC desktop application is to invite people. You can invite people through the Outlook and Lotus Notes email integration, or copy and paste meeting details into any email client or messaging system. The invite details include a unique link to join the meeting, the date and time, and audio information. Learn how easy it is to invite people from the desktop app in this online video.
- [Teacher] In the previous video,…I showed you how to schedule a meeting…through the GoToMeeting desktop app.…Now we need to invite people…so you have some company in your meeting.…Let's see how that works.…Now I'm here in my Schedule a Meeting,…and I've entered the meeting title,…selected the date and time,…and reviewed my audio information.…I'll show you two ways GoToMeeting…might handle the invitation once…you've clicked Scheduled,…and this depends on if you've…integrated your calendar with GoToMeeting…which is under the GoToMeeting preferences,…and I'll talk about that in a separate video.…
Let me begin by showing you…if you have integrated your calendar with GoToMeeting.…I'll click Schedule,…and as you can see, I'm using Outlook.…GoToMeeting gives me a reminder…that it has initiated a calendar invite.…So, I'll click on that to close out of that box.…And all I need to do is add my meeting participants.…I'll add a meeting location.…And you can see down here…in the body of the invitation,…the meeting information, including a…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.