Part of the process in scheduling a GoToMeeting from the web is to invite people. When you schedule a meeting, the invite details include a unique link to join the meeting, the date and time, and audio information. The My Meetings page on your GoToMeeting account includes a function to invite people any time before your meeting starts. Learn how easy it is to invite people from your GoToMeeting account in this online video.
- [Corena] After scheduling a meeting, the next important step, of course, is to invite people so that they have the meeting information, and the link to join. In this video, let's look at the most common way to do this, which is adding the meeting information to a calendar invite. In the previous video, I showed you how to schedule a meeting. I added the meeting title, set it to recur, and reviewed my audio choices. So now I'll click save, and the invite people window will come up.
And you can see that the meeting information is included here. There's the unique meeting link to join, the audio information, and if this is your first time using GoToMeeting, you can actually run a test by clicking this link. So, you can test your audio, you can test your internet connection. And what I'm gonna do now is click copy, and it will copy this information to my clipboard. Then I'll go to my calendar invite, which I've already set up here. And I happen to be using Outlook, and I've included the participant, added a subject, and set the date and time.
And then I'll paste that meeting information right here in my calendar invite. So this is ready to go, and I'll click send. And send it out to that person. Now let's take a look at how to invite people after you've already scheduled a meeting. I'll locate my meeting, and then go to the invite icon. And that'll open up this invite people page. I can copy the information, and then paste that into a calendar invite.
So that's it. Really, you can copy and paste the meeting info into any online messaging system, but using a calendar tool is the most common way, and now you know how to do it.
- Scheduling meetings
- Inviting others
- Setting meeting passwords
- Starting meetings
- Using the web interface vs. the GoToMeeting desktop app
- Setting up GoToMeeting preferences
- Recording meetings
- Managing screen sharing
- Sharing webcams
- Attending a meeting
- Using chat
Skill Level Beginner
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.