The General preferences in the GoToMeeting desktop application are used to set where you save files, like chat logs. By default, GoToMeeting stores the meeting chat log under the Documents folder, but you can choose a different file location. Also, under General Preferences is the option to set the default for how your name and email appear in the meeting attendee list.
- The general preferences in GoToMeeting…are used to set where you save files like chat logs…and how you'd like your name and e-mail to appear…in the meeting attendee list.…In this video, I'll show you how to set the…Save File location and have GoToMeeting remember…your name and email.…Down in the System tray, I'll right click on the…orange flower and select Preferences.…And then I'll click the General tab.…So, in my first option, I can choose whether or not…GoTo Meeting will save my chat logs.…
Now as a best practice, I usually keep the Chat Logs box…checked because you never know if someone has been chatting,…and it's valuable information, and if I'm busy presenting…I may not be focused on the chat logs,…so I generally keep that checked.…Next, I can choose where GoTo Meeting is going to…store my chat logs.…Now the default is set to store it under Documents,…but if you wanna change that, of course,…you can click on Browse and then navigate to…the folder where you want to save those chat logs.…
Next, I can choose whether or not GoToMeeting remembers…
- When scheduling a meeting, identify what disappears from the dialog box when you select Occurs multiple times.
- Explain what to do when you are setting up the audio for your meeting and you have participants from outside the US.
- Recall where your meetings are recorded by default.
- List the options for display format when changing webcam settings.
- Name the option in the Audio tab, under Phone Call, that connects the GoToMeeting interface with the telephone.
- Identify what you will hiding from the user when selecting Screen – CLEAN: from the Start sharing my: on the Screen tab.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.