When you use a headset device to join GoToMeeting audio using Voice Over IP (VOIP), you can set up an audio test under GoToMeeting Preferences on the desktop application to make sure GoToMeeting is detecting your microphone and speaker devices. Before your meeting starts, be sure to run an audio check so that there are no surprises.
- [Woman] Whenever I use a new headset device to…join GoToMeeting audio using VoiceOver IP, I like to…test my microphone and speaker devices beforehand,…so that I choose the correct device…and there aren't any surprises with my audio.…In this video, let's select the devices…and check that they are working.…I'll go down to my system tray,…and right-click on the orange flower,…and select Preferences, then I'll go up to Audio.…So the first thing I'll do is test my microphone.…
And GoToMeeting has automatically detected a device on…my computer.…Now, as I speak, over here on the right you'll see a meter,…and when the device is connected correctly,…you'll see the green lights light up.…If I don't see the green lights light up,…I can click on the drop-down arrow…and then test other devices that are listed here.…I'm gonna keep this one selected.…I'll do the same thing with speakers.…And to test the speakers, I'll click Play Sound.…
If that device is connected correctly,…I'll see the green lights light up here.…I can also adjust the volume by moving this meter bar.…
- Scheduling meetings
- Inviting others
- Setting meeting passwords
- Starting meetings
- Using the web interface vs. the GoToMeeting desktop app
- Setting up GoToMeeting preferences
- Recording meetings
- Managing screen sharing
- Sharing webcams
- Attending a meeting
- Using chat
Skill Level Beginner
1. Use GoToMeeting from the Web
2. Use the GoToMeeting PC Desktop App
3. Set GoToMeeting Desktop Preferences
4. Manage A Meeting
5. Record a Meeting
6. View Meeting History
View meeting history1m 16s
7. Attend a Meeting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.