Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- In this course, I'm going to assume that you have a base knowledge of working with your camera. If you've never gone shooting yet, you might want to check out our GoPro Essentials course, which will walk you through the menus. This will help you understand how the choices that you make in-camera will really affect the footage or the photos that you capture. Additionally, it's probably a good idea to have a base familiarity with Photoshop or Lightroom. Although to be perfectly honest, we're gonna build this and jump in just to the tools and technologies that you need. So even if you're not that comfortable with the applications, chances are you'll still be able to get some great results.
This course is gonna be suitable for all ranges of learners, so if you're a beginner or an expert, I guarantee that we're gonna have some really good tips and techniques tucked in here. There are some things that I figured out with using these cameras in post-production that really extends their capabilities. So make sure you've brushed up on your skills, have a good familiarity with your camera, and with that in mind, we can start to explore the course.
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.