Learn to get the most out of your photos and videos from the GoPro HERO with these Photoshop and Lightroom enhancement techniques. Improve color and contrast, adjust exposure, remove artifacts, make time-lapse videos, and more.
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and, in this course, we're gonna be exploring working with footage from action cameras. Now, we're primarily gonna tackle things from both GoPro cameras and the DJI Quadcopters but, truth be told, any action camera footage including those from makers like Sony and Garmin, could really benefit from a little bit of extra attention. We're gonna use two primary pieces of software, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. This will allow us to work with both stills and video. Now, the techniques you learn will be translatable to other types of cameras as well as other applications.
I'm going to give you the primary skills that you need to really enhance things. After all, what you want to be able to do is get the best looking footage and, right out of the camera, sometimes the footage in stills needs a little bit of work. With that in mind, let's explore what we're gonna be covering.
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.