Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using adaptive wide-angle controls to remove distortion in video footage, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- The same Adaptive Wide Angle command, though,…can also be applied to video.…It's essential that you Convert for Smart Filters.…Otherwise, not only will it be destructive,…but it'll only affect the first frame.…Go in, take advantage of Lens Correction.…This was a GoPro 4.…Combine that with the Adaptive Wide Angle command.…You can easily find a curved horizon…and rotate this until it feels straight.…
If you see other surfaces that you want to affect,…you could do so,…easily bending those…and forcing the image.…Sometimes I'll use this for creative uses here…and push the image a bit.…There we go.…You'll note that even though these aren't horizons,…I could still manipulate the surfaces,…and this allows me to push parts of the video…into different shapes.…
So that worked quite well there,…allowing me to really stretch this video to fill the frame.…When satisfied, Scale is needed…and click OK.…Once you've put that in, you could take advantage…of cloning to fill in some of the empty pixels…or simply crop the video to a new shape.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.