Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Smart Objects and stacking, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- In our previous example, we used blending modes…to stack multiple objects together.…The thing is, though, is that this…did lead to a bit of noise.…As you start to stack objects up and really…brighten up dark areas, it can be problematic,…because noise can be combined.…But fortunately, you can load multiple objects,…whether they be unique or several copies…of the same one, into a Smart Object.…Then, Smart Objects have their own…stacking modes, which are similar to blend modes…and can be used for some pretty cool things.…
To start out, let's choose…File, Scripts, Load Files into Stack.…You then need to browse and locate…the images you want to work with.…In this case, I have a folder called Stack.…Select all of the images inside of that,…Shift-click to choose the whole range, and click Open.…If there was any movement in between,…you'd attempt to auto-align, but in this case,…the GoPro was just locked off,…shooting a nighttime time-lapse.…
With the GoPro 4, there are specific modes…for nighttime photography, you could shoot…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.