Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Curves adjustments, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- To get started in Lightroom,…let's bring in some new images…to work with.…From the Library tab here,…you can go back to the Grid View,…and sort these based on File Names…so it's easier to find.…Up at the top here,…we're going to work with Curves first.…Let's go to the Develop module,…and I'll Twirl down the Histogram.…Typically speaking,…while this isn't a Levels adjustment,…you will see…that it is an interactive histogram.…
So you can drag the black point…and the white point, if you want,…and move the middle exposure around.…And that's complementary to working in Levels,…but not quite as powerful as it needs to be.…Instead, I prefer the Tone Curve down here.…This makes it a lot easier to refine.…You'll note that you can start to move things around,…and then lift,…lifting up the midtones,…or darkening them.…Perhaps putting a little bit more…into the Shadows,…and pulling down those Highlights slightly,…while boosting the upper end of the midtone.…
You see that everything is interactive there.…Ultimately, grabbing up here…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Intermediate
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.