- You can use the same sliders…in Lightroom on any type of image,…whether that be a JPEG or a raw file.…In this particular example, I've got both…JPEGs and raws from the same angle.…Let's go back here.…You see that we have the DNG file?…Well, here's the JPEG from the same camera.…The JPEG, by default, boosted the colors a bit.…Let's start by enabling the lens profile.…And it unwraps, so we're getting similar unwrapping there.…
And now we'll take advantage…of some of the overall controls.…Let's lift the exposure a little bit.…You see that the JPEG file tends…to blow out a lot more quickly.…The raw file, on the other hand,…handled that boost much smoother.…So I'll back that off instead,…recover the highlights a little bit,…lift the shadows, and try to follow up…with some clarity and saturation.…Putting the two together, the raw file…definitely held it together a bit longer.…
Let's go over here.…Enable that correction.…And then try to balance this out.…As I try to recover the highlights,…there's just not as much detail there to work with.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.