Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Adobe Camera Raw to fix color for raw files, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Let's take a look at the Adobe Camera RAW engine…and its ability to fix color cast issues.…To start, we'll use Lightroom,…and I recommend switching over to the Develop module.…In this particular case, one of the easiest things to do…is to take the eyedropper and find something…that's gray or white to set your white balance.…And you see that that removed the color cast in the sky.…Now, of course, it's always a good idea…to get the Exposure right…but once that's done there's still quite…a bit that can happen with color.…
Beyond the white balance, I recommend you bring…the overall Vibrance and Saturation up…so you're happy.…But then switch all of your attention down here…to the HSL controls.…This makes it easy to manipulate the Hue,…Saturation, and Luminence,…or all of the values.…For example, let's take the On Image tool…and click on the sky,…and I'm gonna darken down the sky a bit.…You see that it pulled the aqua and the blue values down.…Same thing here, I click on the orange-ish area…and it darkens that orange.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editingwith Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.