Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Transferring from a memory card, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Removing the card from the camera…is pretty straightforward,…although it's awfully easy to lose it.…In any case, the GoPro card tends to be spring-loaded.…So when you push on the card, it's gonna pop out.…Be sure you're keeping an eye on it,…and I recommend putting your finger over it to catch it,…and then grab it.…Don't do this with the camera upside-down or sideways,…as it could go flying out onto the floor.…Once you have that small card,…you're gonna need to do a couple of things.…It's often that these cards come with SD card adapters,…so if you put that together, it'll actually slide…into the carrier card, and then this could just get mounted…in the SD card slot on your computer.…
For faster speeds, though, you'll wanna use…a dedicated card reader.…So I have a USB 3 card reader here,…it'll take a standard USB 3 cable,…and plug that into the computer, making sure to use…the USB 3 port on the computer itself,…and if you take that card and put it…in the normal SD card slot,…it'll mount as a standard memory card.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.