Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Transferring directly from a camera, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- One of the first things you're gonna have to do…is get the footage and stills off of your GoPro.…Now, if you're using the base model GoPro,…that was introduced in the year 2014,…this one is actually integrated into the case.…It doesn't come out.…So, what you're gonna need to do is…get the USB cable that came with it,…attach that to the back,…and then simply plug it into your computer…and it'll mount just like a hard drive.…Now, on the other hand, if you're using…one of the newer GoPros, any of the GoPros introduced...…Really the GoPro 3, 3+, 4,…you have to take that out of the case.…
So just open that up, take the back out…and be sure to catch it so you don't drop it.…On the side, you can remove the port.…And again, just connect the USB cable.…Once you've plugged that into the side of the camera,…you can then plug that into the computer itself.…And it too will mount just like a hard drive.…Now, this particular approach of…plugging the camera into your screen is ok.…It works in a pinch…and it will actually charge up the battery on the camera.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Intermediate
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.