Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving quick Develop presets in Lightroom, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- If you get a setting that you like,…you can select adjacent clips,…or non-adjacent clips,…by holding down the Command or the Control key,…and then click the Sync Settings button.…This'll bring up the option here,…and show you which options can be synced.…The ones that are not grayed out are choices,…so for example, Highlights and Shadows,…not a choice,…Clarity cannot be touched,…but the other options here can.…So when you click Synchronize,…everything will update to that new look.…
And you see there that we've made the change.…Now you might want to store those as Presets,…and you're wondering how to do that.…There is no option here.…Well, Presets are made from the Develop module,…but the problem with that…is that the clip itself…can't be loaded into the Develop module.…So what you need to do is…go to the Library,…and from the pop-up list here,…choose to Capture a Frame.…This new still image…will have all of the effects applied,…and if you go to the Develop module,…you'll see the changes that you made.…
This allows you to refine things,…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.