Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming video clips based on timecode, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Earlier we took a look at batch renaming…both stills and video.…I’d like to come back to that process…and show you a few extra things…you could do to change the names of your files,…as well as do it in a nondestructive way.…I find, for best results,…that this is done with Adobe Bridge,…and that’s gonna be the best workflow…as you don’t really need to bring the images…into Lightroom just to export them.…Most folks working with video are…gonna hit a video editing tool, whether…that be Photoshop, or perhaps something like Premiere Pro.…So let’s rename the files and get ‘em right.…
If you’d like to rename inside of Bridge,…simply navigate to a folder of video.…In this case I’ve already renamed…the clips once, but I’d like to be a bit more descriptive.…So I’ll select all of the shots…and choose ‘Tools > Batch Rename.’…This makes it easy to rename the files.…For example, I could enter in basic text.…I’ll call this “Zipline.”…And then I’ll use the ‘Date Created.’…Now, I prefer to lead off with the year,…followed by the month and the day.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.