Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming images in Lightroom, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- If we import our images into Lightroom,…we could choose to rename them at that time…to get a better naming system that'll really cut down…on possible confusion in the future.…I've got a new catalog for Lightroom.…Remember, when you boot Lightroom,…you could hold down the option key…if you wanna make a fresh catalog for these exercises.…Let's navigate here to Import.…And I'll go to my hard drive…and select this folder here of the original images.…
I'm gonna choose to copy these to a new location.…Let's just put a new folder here for testing purposes.…There we go.…I'll choose the Day02 images here.…
Looks like I got 'em all.…You'll notice on the right here…the option to rename the files.…Just check that and then you could make templates…or make your own here, so I'll choose Edit as starting.…It's very similar to what you saw in Bridge.…So I'm gonna start by adding some text, Ocean,…then taking the dates, year, month and day,…but there's different presets that you can choose from.…After that, I'll put in _…and I'm gonna insert the Hour.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.