Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming images in Bridge, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Once you have the files transferred to your system,…you're gonna want to do some renaming.…There's a couple of ways of doing this.…Let me show you Adobe Bridge,…and then we'll take a look at Lightroom.…On the Adobe Bridge side, I can simply point it…at a folder of images.…Notice here that I've got an image sequence.…Now, part of the reason that I recommend renaming images…is to avoid problems.…Pay attention to this file name.…GO010007.…Well, if I take a look at the next day of images,…you'll see that it starts to repeat.…
There's 009, and that's definitely a different image…than this 009.…If you don't rename your files,…the GoPro has a tendency to start…to use the same file names.…This is particularly true if the battery gets swapped out,…or the camera goes dead for a while,…or perhaps you're using multiple GoPro cameras.…It's a very good idea to get unique file names.…In Bridge, I recommend you simply…select all the images you want to rename.…Then, choose Tools, Batch Rename.…
You can make presets for this,…and you can decide to either rename them in the same folder,…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.