Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing distortion with lens profiles in Lightroom, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Let's take a look at fixing…wide-angle distortion…with a lens profile.…I'll bring some footage…into both Lightroom and Photoshop…to do this.…I'll start by Importing,…and I'll go to my Exercise Files.…I would pull everything in from Folder 2.…You'll see there's a collection of stills from a Burst,…as well as some video clips.…
I'll simply Add these,…rather than copying them to my drive.…And let's simply Import.…Let's start with some settings here…to fix the actual image itself.…I'll start with something here…from an action shot,…and go to the Develop module.…If I scroll down,…you'll notice the Lens Correction section.…Let's Twirl that open,…and I'll Enable Profile Corrections.…
You'll note that that's a pretty pronounced fix.…Additionally, we might as well…Remove Chromatic Aberration,…and then go to the Profile page.…In this particular case,…it recognized the model of camera used.…It was a HERO3+,…and I was shooting with the Black Edition.…You'll note there's profiles…for both the HERO3,…the 4,…and the 3+.…Let's go to another shot for a moment.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editingwith Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.