Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing distortion with Upright, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- A specific control built into Lightroom…and Adobe Camera Raw is Upright.…It's designed to fix perspective issues…and it's quite useful when working with wide angle footage.…You could choose to apply it to the footage itself…or combine this with Lens Profiles.…Let's start in Lightroom.…Let's start with those wide angle shots of Times Square.…From the Develop module I'm gonna make sure…that lens Profile Correction is turned on.…In both cases, that helps the shot quite a bit.…
Once you've got the profile assigned,…go back to the Basic tab.…Here you could take advantage of a few other options.…I always find it a good idea to Remove Chromatic Aberration…and then you'll notice controls for Upright.…You could choose to fix the Vertical areas of the photo.…And it attempted to remap that.…Now, that was pretty aggressive.…Full is gonna go after both the vertical and the horizontal.…Level makes a simple level photo,…and Auto is a nice balance correction.…
Let's go back to Off for a second.…You see by choosing Auto it leveled out…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.