Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Hope you enjoyed this course.…We've taken a look at a lot of high-level techniques…that you can apply to any action camera stills or footage.…Remember, the footage in stills are heavily compressed,…so this means that applying a little bit of extra attention…could really bring out the clarity, the contrast…and the color in the shots.…Plus, hope you enjoyed some of the advanced techniques…of creating things like panoramic images and star trails.…Remember, these are great cameras.…It's fun to be able to tell stories…and to use these affordable cameras that are so convenient…and easy to mount, and put in really inconspicuous places.…
The fun thing here is to use this to capture great shots,…and when you've got those great shots, it's even better…to make them look their best, or to assemble multiple shots…together to tell a story.…Be sure to re-visit this course, and feel free…to watch any of the movies over again…to really help you cement the skills.…And of course, check out some of our other GoPro training…on the library.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.