Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving exposure by using blending modes to combine multiple images, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Because the GoPro images are heavily compressed…they often lose critical image detail.…I find that sometimes jumping into Photostop…and stacking multiple images together,…or copies of the same image,…go a long way in restoring proper contrast and even color.…Let's start with that last example we were…looking at with the mountain range.…By duplicating that layer, I'll just call this Overlay,…I could change its blend mode.…Something like Multiply goes a long way…to put the color back in.…
Note by putting the copy on top in Multiply mode…it was really easy to bring details out.…Additionally, particularly with stills,…it's easy for you to create a mask.…Using a tool like the Quick Selection tool…you can quickly grab key details inside the image itself.…Choose Refine Edge and Smart Radius.…That makes it easy then…to apply that as a layer mask,…if you'd like to separately control that area.…
Notice in this case, I like that.…I'm just gonna lower the opacity slightly.…Then duplicate that layer, select the layer mask,…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.