Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing color balance in shots, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Let's tackle that issue with color balance…and we'll start by taking a look at some video files…inside of Lightroom.…Let's go into Lightroom and we'll bring things in.…I'll start with the Library,…and just import everything in from folder 4.…We have a collection of footage and stills here.…Let's take a look at this shot here.…Remember, in Lightroom you can use the Quick Develop module.…
This allows you to choose from an Auto White Balance…or dial in a Custom one.…This makes it very easy for you to roll…the color temperature either in small increments…or gross increments that jump quite dramatically.…As you make that shift, let the Histogram update.…Beyond this, you can also refine it with Tint.…This'll add in a magenta or a green cast to the image…to neutralize color problems.…
Once that's done, of course, you could…take advantage of toning.…So if the image is changed to your liking,…remember, it's pretty simple to dial in…that custom white balance.…Additionally, feel free to refine the Whites and Blacks…in the image, and, of course,…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.