Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing video with adjustment layers in Photoshop, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- While we've explored Adjustment layers to a certain depth,…I'd like to show you some of my favorites.…There's some cool things in there…for Lookup Tables,…as well as working with Black & White Adjustment layers…to really bring out the contrast.…I wanna show you a couple of recipes…that will take your footage from looking good…to hopefully great.…You'll recall that most video…can be opened from Bridge…into Photoshop.…If needed, just select the clips that you want to target,…and them drag them…on the Photoshop icon.…This'll open the clips up.…
Now, any of the adjustments…from the Adjustments panel…can be chosen.…Let's just drag to a good frame here.…And we see "flying through the forest."…What I'd like to do…is add a Curves adjustment.…And by option-clicking on the word "Auto,"…I could choose to fix things like…the Light and Dark Colors,…or Brightness and Contrast,…and you see how it attempts to adjust.…In this case, the Dark and Light Colors…with Snapping the midtones…works pretty well.…
Additionally, I could use tools…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.