Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing video with Lightroom, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- If you prefer to use video in your Lightroom slide shows,…you could do that.…Let's explore some of the essentials of what can…and can't be done inside of Lightroom.…I'll show you how to use the Quick Develop module…and then let you see what sort of effects can't be applied.…When it's all done, you can decide…if you wanna keep it in Lightroom…and integrate it into a slideshow…or export out new video files…that could be handed off to someone else.…Let's start by importing a folder of video.…I'll choose File, Import Photos and Video…and I'm simply going to add these from the folder.…
Let's bring in these here from DJI.…These are some aerials.…And I'll click the Import button to bring 'em in.…There we go.…And to make it a little bit easier to work with,…let's select those and add them to a Collection.…We'll call it Aerials.…All right.…Now that I've got this, I could start…to work with each shot.…Now, you might be tempted to switch over…to the Develop module, but what you'll quickly see…is that video is not supported in Develop.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.