Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing and exporting time-lapse files, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- One of my favorite things is time-lapse.…Here on lynda.com, I've got a bunch of courses…about time-lapse photography,…and I love the GoPros for this.…But, out of the camera, the time-lapse files…need a little bit of attention.…Let's develop those images, and then I'll show you…how to assemble them together.…We're actually gonna jump into GoPro Studio,…and I'll first process and then bring the files back in.…This is gonna be quite useful, as it makes it easy…to create a time-lapse movie.…In GoPro Studio, click the "import new files" button…and navigate to your time-lapse sequence.…
When you click "open", it'll build the movie from the clips.…You can select it, and press "play",…and you see it'll try to play back in real time.…Not too bad.…From here, it's easy to convert this clip.…Simply click "advanced settings" and decide what you want.…You can keep the original file here,…if you'd like, and this will allow you…more flexibility in Photoshop to apply a move.…
By keeping it oversized, I can key-frame a zoom.…Also, assign a frame-rate.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.