Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping to a target size, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Once you have your still images sized,…or even over-sized video clips,…it's not uncommon to need to crop.…Cropping allows you to define a specific output size.…We can crop both inside of Lightroom and Photoshop,…and doing so ensures that the file that comes out…specifically matches your needs.…Let's start by importing some new images.…I'll choose File, Import Photos and Video,…and navigate to the Exercise_Files.…I'll bring in Folder 5.…
This contains several images that we'll use…throughout the next exercises.…Make sure the box for Don't Import…Suspected Duplicates is unchecked.…And then import everything.…These files are all labeled,…and I'm gonna start here…to investigate cropping.…I've selected the image called Crop1,…and I'll double-click to open it.…To crop inside of Lightroom,…switch to the Develop module.…
You'll notice over here in your tools is the Crop Overlay.…When you select this, you could ideally…choose the aspect ratio that you'd like.…For example, if I check this here,…I could choose a specific aspect ratio,…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.