Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Common action-camera exposure problems, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- When you shoot on the GoPro camera or any action camera…for that matter, it's easy to have exposure problems.…Exposure problems are the things I always tackle first…because when it comes to exposure,…that's really the first thing to solve.…Now if you have lens distortion,…get that out of the way first,…but then immediately focus on the exposure of the image.…The reason why we tackle exposure first,…is that it will also affect color.…As you darken a shot, color is boosted.…As you lighten a shot, it becomes washed out.…So it becomes critical that you fix things first.…
Now there's a real basic adjustment,…we can do a levels adjustment,…which uses three control points,…or curves which offers more.…We can use sliders for this,…there's lots of ways of tackling it.…We can even do advanced modes,…where we combine multiple images together.…So, there's a lot of different ways to solve these problems.…What you've seen though here…with some of the before and afters,…is that a little bit of attention could go a long way.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editingwith Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.