Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Common action-camera color problems, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- One of the issues with these cameras are color problems,…and it all comes down to a lack of control.…You see, these cameras will often try…to do things in an auto-mode,…making frequent changes to the overall settings.…This can lead to inconsistencies…from shot to shot that you don't want.…Additionally, because the cameras can use…center-weighted metering,…sometimes it gets thrown off a bit by other objects.…Now, what I prefer is to take my control in post,…but depending upon what you're shooting…it's really easy to have problems.…
Remember, check out our GoPro course that…takes a look at the in-depth settings for menus.…And the GoPro 4 has substantial improvements in control…for working with photos.…I highly recommend that you get into a standard…white balance preset that you choose,…where you dial in a specific color temperature.…But, there are lots of other options that you can work with.…Overall, just remember that from shot to shot…there's gonna be variation,…and these cameras are very sensitive to small changes.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
GoPro: Creative Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
GoPro HERO: Shooting Action Sportswith Richard Harrington1h 9m Intermediate
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.