Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting colors using channels adjustments, part of Editing GoPro HERO Photos and Videos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Another way to fix color problems is…to take a channel-based approach.…You saw a little bit of this when we worked with Curves…and we made adjustments with the Auto command…and it shifted some of the individual components.…Let's take manual control in Photoshop.…I've opened up two video files…and I'll start by making a Levels adjustment.…This is easier if you look at the actual Histogram panel.…I'll pop this out to the side here…and choose to take a look at an All Channels View.…
This makes it a bit easier to see what's going on.…As we examine the color, you'll notice…that there is a color cast.…In the blue channel, for example,…it doesn't line up very cleanly…with the red and green channels.…This is largely due to the water.…Let's add a Levels adjustment…and work one channel at a time.…With the red channel here, I'll pull the black point over…and then balance the middle, treating it…much like a teeter-totter.…
You'll notice that the Histogram data is more balanced…for the red channel.…Switch to the green and do the same.…
Author Rich Harrington starts with the basics: importing and organizing photos, correcting distortion, adjusting color and exposure, and getting ready for print. He then moves on to working with video: developing color and exposure with adjustment layers and presets, and then rendering out the adjustments for editing in another application. He wraps things up with a short, fun tutorial on assembling a time-lapse sequence. Start watching and learn the skills you need to get the best-looking footage from the GoPro and other action cameras.
- Importing and organizing stills and video
- Correcting lens distortion
- Repairing color, contrast, and compression artifacts
- Improving exposure
- Boosting saturation and vibrance
- Sharpening and cropping
- Assembling panoramas
- Merging HDR images
- Building time-lapse sequences
Skill Level Intermediate
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editingwith Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniqueswith Paul Taggart1h 21m Appropriate for all
1. Importing and Organizing Images
2. Correcting Distortion
3. Adjusting Exposure
4. Adjusting Color
5. Getting Images Ready for Print
6. Working with Video Files from GoPro Cameras
7. Assembling a Time-Lapse Sequence
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.