Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Working solution and another possible implementation, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So we've got all of the hard code written,…and we have our data structure,…and we're getting back our data,…and we're going to parse a template.…And then we're going to Create a file,…and then we're going to execute our template,…and write to that new file we created,…the data, right, so we'll pass the data into that.…And so we'll take the template,…which is just this sort of html,…into which we're going to embed…all of our little curly braces, where the data should go.…That'll be our form letter.…And then we're going to Create a new file,…and we'll call it index.html.…
And you'll notice the path here,…I'm just going to drop it into the same directory…where the template is stored.…And I'm putting it there…because there's certain html code…that is referencing things in a directory,…kind of, relative way, that needs to be in that folder.…So I'm going to put it right there.…And then we'll just pass the data in, and execute it.…So we've done a lot of the hard coding,…now all we have to do is go in here,…and look through all of this html,…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.