Join Todd McLeod for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with files, part of Code Clinic: Go.
- So let's take a look at my solution in more depth now.…Before we get to the point where we're actually…going and getting the data…off of the internet using HTTP GET…and culling that data and bringing it down programmatically,…I went and got the file manually.…I downloaded it and I put it right here,…and now we're just going to open the file…and then we're going to read the file.…Something I want to point out before we even…start in doing that, if you want to take a deeper dive…into my thought process behind building this code,…you could open up these README files,…which are included in each section.…
And you could see all of my thoughts involved with…how does Open work,…or how do interfaces work,…or what are the different ways I could read a file?…So ultimately to read a file I'm going to choose…the csv.NewReader, comma separated value.…We'll see why in just a second.…So let's start with this first one…where we are opening a file.…And when you choose to open a file…something that's really cool is that here in WebStorm…
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.