Practice coding with Go. Explore common programming challenges with Go, Google's open-source programming language, and then compare the results with other training courses in the Code Clinic series.
- Hello and welcome to Code Clinic for Go. My name is Todd McLeod. I'm really looking forward to showing you my solutions for the challenges proposed to the Code Clinic authors. In this series, we'll explore creative and efficient ways to use Go to solve a range of problems. I'll describe some unique aspects of working with Go, and offer suggestions on how to improve your code. If you're new to programming, or if you're a seasoned programmer, this series of videos will be beneficial to you, showing you how to effectively use the Go programming language in real world solutions.
After watching each solution, you'll come away with patterns for writing Go programs as well as reusable code that you can use in your own projects. If you search our library for Code Clinic, you'll find additional courses by different authors using other languages. Each Code Clinic author solves the exact same set of problems, so you can compare different solutions as well as the pros and cons of each language. If you're wanting to learn to program, if you're looking for tips on better coding, or if you're trying to decide on your next new programming language, you're gonna love Code Clinic.
So let's get started with Code Clinic for Go.
Todd introduces challenges and then provides overviews of his solutions in Go. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
The files have moved, and I can't access them via HTTP as shown in the course.
1. Problem 1—Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2—Image Analysis
3. Problem 3—Eight Queens
4. Problem 4—Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5—Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6—Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.